2019 Student Survey Results. Part 2!

Okay, so the last student survey results post covered the numbers part of the survey - you can see that here!

This one is going to look at the various bits of feedback we received. 

There was a lot - so thankyou! I won't share all of it here - We'd be here for days... If you'd like a response to your particular bit of feedback, please message me and i'd be happy to give it to you! Other snippets of the AMAZING feedback received will be/have been shared on the instagram and facebook page.

Specific class or instructor feedback has been passed on to the instructors.

"Please give detailed, specific feedback on your experience with Spin City Newbury so far."

"Some great changes were made after the last survey. Thanks for your hard work. It doesn't go unnoticed and it is appreciated."
Thankyou - this genuinely means a lot!



"Spin City was recommended to me by a friend. Since attending pole session I have been made to feel really welcome, everyone is really friendly & helpful. The sessions cover everything in good detail with new moves introduced every week & time to practise. Obviously it will be good to have time to do more conditioning & choreography/flow during sessions (especially as I am brand new to pole) but you can only fit so much in an hour. What we do do is cover all bases in each session which is most important."
I'm so glad you feel all bases are covered! You're probably the only person to ever ask for MORE conditioning... This is useful feedback, thankyou!


"I genuinely love coming to Spin City and travel a long way in order to attend classes - I only wish I lived closer so that I could come more often! The studio is always spotless and tidy and all of the instructors are friendly and knowledgeable - keep up the good work!"
All credit for the cleaning of the studio goes to the lovely Bambi - and of course, our little robot hoover, Eufy...


"Overall it's been frustratingly excellent! (I was taking classes elsewhere and didn't want to travel to Newbury for more!) I find everyone very welcoming and helpful. It's a brilliant community vibe. A couple of instructors are great but slightly intimidating though! (Probably just me!)"
This comment really tickled me because when you know all the instructors you know how insanely lovely they are! A couple of us do have serious 'resting bitch face' though. Sorry about that... We are nice really!! 


"IT IS LITERALLY THE BEST PLACE! Seriously though, everyone is so friendly and approachable, I had no problems when I was told to move to a mixed ability class as it would benefit me, normally I would be worried about changing but actually I wasn't worried at all."
I'm so pleased you felt comfortable moving to a higher/mixed level class! This can be really daunting so it's great to know you had a good experience.


"It would be good to have more options of days for class of the month, as I struggle to make Wednesdays, but would love to try some of the class of the months."
Argh, we'd love to fit in more classes like this! Unfortunately there just isn't space on the timetable, however we are planning a series of amazing additional one off classes with our instructors over the next few months to show off their various talents so hopefully you'll be able to make these!


"I love the classes at Spin City but I don't find teamup the most intuitive interface and I find it frustrating that I set things up wrong initially and now can't change them."
Thankyou for contacting me directly - I'm glad we got this solved! Anything that can't be done at the customer end can usually be fixed by me, so please contact me if you have any issues with the booking system!


"The atmosphere is really welcoming and fun, and the instruction is constructive and well-informed. I love the improvers class where the focus is on achieving moves with core engagement and control, as it pushes me to create stronger foundations. I feel that this approach could be applied a bit more in other lessons. I would love more exotic and floorwork content in classes, maybe working on short routines to music (Lex did a series of classes like this before Christmas and it was brilliant!) Overall the provision is great and classes are really well-differentiated for all levels"
This obviously makes me incredibly happy because THIS IS MY CLASS!! I'm glad you're enjoying the focus of the class and feel it's helping. We tend to limit conditioning in other classes as we have such a huge variation in the reasons people attend classes - I hope that you can take away some of the principles you're learning and apply them to your other classes, if you'd like to chat with me about how to do that to keep making the most of your time to improve your strength just grab me after class! Please see our upcoming workshop announcements for some opportunities to get your sexy flow on!


"Since I first visited Spin City I have attended a class almost every week. I always look forward to my class and from the moment I step inside the door,I feel comfortable and at ease.Everyone is so friendly and encouraging that I don’t feel nervous at all. I play a variety of sports and can honestly say that aerial hoop at spin city is my favourite. It’s a fantastic environment to spend time at and if I lived closer I would attend many more classes! I like the structure of the classes,the warm-up followed by conditioning and then structured moves works really well. The 1 hour class always seems to disappear! The quality of the teaching is great and everyone seems so knowledgeable.I really like the fact classes have TA’s too as it really helps!"
This is all such lovely, specific feedback - thankyou so much.


"Some classes when full, some students do not share so I have been in a few where there has been 3 to a pole because of this. I was doing 5-6 sessions a week however have reduced this dramatically because I do not feel I get much out of my lessons"
What? Come on people. Don't make me write a blog post about etiquette in classes (actually I am already doing that...) but don't make me STUDIO MUM you - share nicely! In a class of 12 there should be 2 people to a pole - We don't tend to increase class numbers anymore. It's a shame you don't feel you're getting much out of your lessons - I'd love to know more about why you think this is so we can explore it further - please message me if you'd like to chat!


"Spin city is an amazing supportive community and I’ve always felt very at home here! I have found recently though that I have been progressing less than in previous years as I don’t have a harder class/option to move into."
As above, i'd like to explore this further and see what options we might have for you - please drop me a message!


"I love spin city students and staff. It is the only time I exercise so being around supportive people really helps. Would like to learn more entries into different moves both in hoop and pole."
We love you too, sweet anonymous friend. Please feel free to request specific things from your instructors - we love requests, it makes class planning much more fun!


"One small tiny thing that bugs me a bit; instructors/students for the next class coming in and wandering around the class currently going on and sometimes chatting with the current person teaching. I know that room is tight and it does get crowded when changeover time is approaching, but I do find it distracting and it makes me feel like I'm in their way. Maybe just the studio rules need a bit more highlighting, as I'm not very brave at confronting people. Ok, mini rant over; I'm loving the blog posts and I think it's such a good and important message that's been going out over the last few months about mental health. I know that it's really helped a few students to open up, so kudos for that. I really do think we're so lucky that on the whole we have such a brilliant bunch of students and instructors, who are welcoming and accepting and I think it's very important to keep that mindset, so I reckon that all this stuff can only keep that going. Spin City is my favourite. Thank you for existing! It keeps me sane (I think!)"
Ok I will address the wandering around during classes thing separately as that isn't cool at all -people waiting for classes should be waiting by the door (or even better, in their car!!) Thankyou for the rest of this lovely feedback, it's great to know we are on the right track!


"It is a shame that the poles are so close together, it is hard to practice thing like spins and flow when classes are busy."
This just takes a bit of practise and communication - if you get your timings right it shouldn't be too difficult to avoid crashes! Unfortunately we are limited by the placement of the beams as to where poles can go, so for now we have to work with what we've got!

That's all for now - feel free to drop me an email on spincitynewbury@gmail.com if you have any more feedback, you can also leave us reviews on Facebook!

Katy Xx