Instructor Profile - Mandy

© The Image Cella
Name:
Mandy Foster

Age:
Over 40

What do you teach?
At the studio only stretch regularly. But I also teach Sultry Pole at Brimpton. I teach aerial hoop, yoga, pilates, barre and Zumba!

How long have you been in your respective discipline(s)?
Pole 11 years
Hoop 7 years

What inspired you to become an instructor?
I have a teaching degree and decided teaching in school wasn't for me but I do love teaching. I started teaching dance and enjoyed it so much I added on other disciplines.

What's the most important thing about instructing for you?
That the students enjoy and feel accomplished in their class even if they are silently cursing me.

What's a favourite move of yours that might be seen as underrated to others?
Gargoyle

How do you get out of a funk or get your mojo back?
Usually eat lots of cake and then I train with some of the awesome Spin City instructors.

What are your best tips and tricks for putting together a routine?
I put on the music I want to use and freestyle and see what feels good. I always record this in case something good comes out of it. I also have a list of moves I want to include in any choreography and then I see if I can work them in.

If you owned a restaurant, what kind of food would it serve? 
CAKE and maybe brownies.

If you owned an ice cream truck, what tune would it play?
Let's Dance


What's your day job?
I'm lucky enough that instructing is my day job!

What is something you've never tried but would like to?
Sky Diving

What do you wish you knew more of / about?
Italian. I've have tried 3 times to learn it but so far it hasn't stuck.

What are some small things that can make your day better?
A cuddle from my cats or/and my husband.

Tell us something we probably don't know about you:
I lived in Germany for 3 years and ate all the German food.

______________

You can join Mandy's Sexy, Strong and Flexy class at 6.15pm on Mondays.

To check out our timetable and book upcoming sessions visit: 
https://goteamup.com/p/983042-spin-city-newbury



C x