Instructor Profile - Kate

© Millie Robson Photography
This week we chat to Kate, our glorious Spin City Founder. 

Name:

Kate Edwards

Age:
36

What do you teach?
Everything!

How long have you been in your respective discipline(s)?
I started working in the fitness industry 16 years ago.

What inspired you to become an instructor?
I was working at a gym while I was at Uni – and loved attending classes – so decided to qualify!

What’s the most important thing about instructing for you?
Making sure people get a safe, effective and fun workout!

What’s a favourite move of yours that might be seen as underrated to others?
I love a good Nina’s trick on fabric! There are so many variations!

How do you get out of a funk or get your mojo back?
I start to cross-train a new discipline. It’s always so rewarding to learn new skills and it stops out getting frustrated!

What are your best tips and tricks for putting together a routine?
Pick a song you love, early on, practice until you can dance at least a minute past the end of the song and choreograph everything – what your hands, feet and face are doing too! Film yourself lots, watch and critique yourself and get friends to do the same.

If you owned a restaurant, what kind of food would it serve?
Breakfast/Brunch – the best meal of the day – Eggs Benedict with salmon, avo, chilli – yum!

If you owned an ice cream truck, what tune would it play?
My musical tastes are not suitable for ice cream trucks! Lol!

What’s your day job?
Spin City is my company so I guess my day job is Director!

What is something you’ve never tried but would like to?
I would love to learn the piano.

What do you wish you knew more about/of?
Aerial Yoga! I wish there were more classes locally.

What are some small things that can make your day better?
Good Coffee, Sunshine and my small people, Eli, Iris and Quinn.

Tell us something we probably don’t know about you:
That I am addicted to property programmes and have a degree in politics!


______________

If you'd like to join Kate in classes, keep an eye out on our timetable.
Classes of the Month (COTM) are usually where you'll find her!

To check out our timetable and book upcoming sessions visit:
https://goteamup.com/p/983042-spin-city-newbury




C x