TA Profile - Charlotte

Our first TA profile is the wonderful Charlotte! Our Teaching Assistants provide support for our instructors and some of them are training to become instructors themselves. TA-ing is a fantastic way to build confidence and experience while working towards a qualification or can simply be a rewarding thing you enjoy, even if you're not in training!


© The Image Cella
Name:
Charlotte Wright

Age (optional):
26

What do you teach?
TA for aerial silks

How long have you been in your respective discipline(s)?
Silks student for 19 months - TA for 10, hoop student for 12 months. [As of December 2018]

What inspired you to become an instructor?
I always found myself wanting to help others in class - whether that be spotting, advising on fabric theory, or reminding people to point their toes. When the TA position came up I knew I would regret it if I didn’t apply, and I couldn’t be more glad I did. 

What’s the most important thing about instructing for you?
Making sure every student goes home with a smile on their face!

What’s a favourite move of yours that might be seen as underrated to others?
I really love the transition from clothes line into hip lock on silks.

How do you get out of a funk or get your mojo back?
Sometimes you need a little break - I find training more than one discipline really helpful for this, because I can switch back and forth if one is getting me down.
I also find going back to basics really helpful. We often get stuck trying to perfect our most recent trick and forget about all the other stuff we can do. Go back to week one and go through all the things you’ve done - you’ll soon realise you’ve got loads of moves in your repertoire. Training core moves is also great for conditioning. 

What are your best tips and tricks for putting together a routine?
Find three core moves that you know you want to include and work on finding ways to link them together. 

If you owned a restaurant, what kind of food would it serve?
My favourite food is pizza but I would have heart disease by the time I’m 30 if I owned a pizzeria. 
I would have to own a restaurant compromising of food I didn’t like - because I have an issue with self control, haha. So I would own a restaurant that exclusively served onion based meal as I can’t eat onions. 

If you owned an ice cream truck, what tune would it play?
I wouldn’t be able to own an ice cream truck, as per my above answer - no self control. But I think a funky song for someone else’s ice cream van would be Sweets For My Sweet by C J Lewis.



What’s your day job? 
I work as an account manager for an electricity company - yawn! 

What is something you’ve never tried but would like to?
I’ve seen videos of massive swings in canyons. Kind of like bungee swings. They look amazing. I mean I would poop my pants, but I think I’d enjoy doing it? 

What do you wish you knew more about/of?
Human psychology. I find it really fascinating. Ever heard of The Zeigarnik Effect, or Asch’s experiments in conformity? Look them up - super interesting! 

What are some small things that can make your day better?
> puppies
> chocolate 
> dancing in the car
> the genuine laugh of a friend
> finding money I forgot about 
> the train being on time (a rarity)

Tell us something we probably don’t know about you:
I have a fear of people on stilts. They give me the heebeegeebees.  


______________



You can join Charlotte in the 7pm Mixed Ability Aerial Silks class on Tuesday (Sally's Class).

To check out our timetable and book upcoming sessions visit: https://goteamup.com/p/983042-spin-city-newbury


If you're interested in becoming a TA, keep an eye out on our Facebook group for opportunities. If you're interested in Instructor training visit: www.spincityinstructortraining.com

Photographer: www.theimagecella.com


C x