Love is in the air

I’m going to bring it up because I’m sure this isn’t the first time you’ve been told… but it’s Valentines Day next week. However, we’re going to be talking about self-love because it’s equally as important as our love for others.

What do we do for the people we love in our lives? We compliment them by telling them how witty they are, how incredible they make us feel when we’re in their company and that we’d miss them if they weren’t in our lives. We give gifts. We do activities or go places based on their first choice to be in their presence.

Now ask yourself… how often do I remember my good qualities? How often do I treat myself to something nice when out shopping? Or how much time do I spend doing things that I enjoy?

Be as kind to yourself as you are to other people. A friend once asked me, while I was verbally bashing all my achievements, traits and characteristics… to imagine speaking to a child when I had these thoughts. I felt awful. I’d never say that to anyone else, least of all a child. So why did I think it was ok to say them in my own head?

I’ve always been conscious of being “big headed”. I didn’t want to be a person that constantly informed others of how amazing I was and I still don’t. But I’ve learned that it is ok to tell yourself that you’re pretty damn awesome, every damn day if you can. When someone asks about your achievements or they come up in conversation, it’s 100% ok to feel proud of yourself. Building yourself up (occasionally) isn’t being arrogant or superior. Sometimes it can be empowering for others to hear what you’ve achieved. The people that matter will always want to celebrate your wins with you no matter how big or small but hear this…


C x