Welcoming us into the New Year is Natalie!


The studio is back open from today!

The New Year brings a few changes to our timetable and with that, I thought what better way to kick-start the blog than by showing off our team at Spin City Newbury! Every two weeks, we'll be featuring of one of our awesome instructors or TA's to help you get to know them a little better. 

Welcoming us into the New Year is Natalie! Here she is doing one of her favourite moves, martini.

©The Image Cella

Name:



Natalie Turner

Age:

28 (in two weeks!)

What do you teach?

Beginners Hoop class regularly
Qualified to teach Intermediate Hoop and Beginners Silks

How long have you been in your respective discipline(s)?

I started at Spin City around September 2014, I’d done pole on and off for years, and I really picked up Hoop in January 2015. I fell in love with it, and then quickly started Silks too.

What inspired you to become an instructor?

I’ve always loved teaching people new skills and empowering others, and aerials builds people up in a way that you don’t get from a desk job! Watching my students nail a new move, or something they’ve been working on for ages is just the best thing. 

What’s the most important thing about instructing for you?

That my students come away having enjoyed the class and feel they gained something from it.

What’s a favourite move of yours that might be seen as underrated to others?

Hoop – Martini!
Silks – Single footlock rollups.

How do you get out of a funk or get your mojo back?

Short term funk - Just always going to class and spending time around other people who are enthusiastic about pole/silks/hoop.

Long term funk – I’ve recently broken out of one of these, and it’s incredibly cheesy but telling myself that ‘I’m actually pretty awesome and I can do this’ every day. Genuinely brightens up each day for me.

What are your best tips and tricks for putting together a routine?

Freestyle to the song several times to start to get a feel of how you want to move with the music.
Pick several moves that you want in there and then build combos around them.
Ask people for feedback and help! When writing routines I booked privates with another instructor and they really helped bring it all together.

If you owned a restaurant, what kind of food would it serve?

Chinese Dim Sum. Cannot get enough of it!

If you owned an ice cream truck, what tune would it play?

Highway to the Danger Zone!




What’s your day job?

Design Team Leader – desk job!

What is something you’ve never tried but would like to?

Flying Trapeze!

What do you wish you knew more about/of?

Floor Choreography and Stretching techniques.

What are some small things that can make your day better?

Making the choice in the morning that I’m going to make it a great day no matter what. Super cheesy, but seems to work for me. Sometimes it can be as simple as wearing a comfy dress that makes me look and feel great.

Tell us something we probably don’t know about you:

I used to do a lot of fencing! (The sword kind not the garden kind) I mainly fenced with an epee (foil had too many rules and I didn’t like getting beaten over the head with a saber), and the only reason I don’t do it now is there’s no where local! Shame really, those breaches are super hot.

______________


You can join Natalie's Beginners Aerial Hoop class on a Wednesday at 7pm.
She also TA's for Capper's Aerial Silks class on a Monday at 8.15pm!

To check out our timetable and book upcoming sessions visit:
https://goteamup.com/p/983042-spin-city-newbury

Photographer: www.theimagecella.com


C x