Instructor Profile - Katy


This week's Instructor feature is our very own Boss lady! Katy makes sure Spin City runs the way it does and we couldn't be more grateful for that.



Name:
Katy Sarah Walklet

Age:
31 and a half. 

What do you teach?:
Pole and Hoop, how to use a knife and fork and the appropriate use of swear words. 

How long have you been in your respective discipline(s)?
7 years nearly! 
  
What inspired you to become an instructor?
I just loved pole and the people the opportunity came up so I took it. 

What’s the most important thing about instructing for you?
That everyone feels safe and welcome, like part of the family and goes away feeling like they have achieved something and had a laugh. 

What’s a favourite move of yours that might be seen as underrated to others? 
I love a butterfly on pole, and I am a front balance enthusiast on hoop...  

How do you get out of a funk or get your mojo back? 
Generally just being at the studio brings me out of a funk - I bounce off the people I’m with so usually the hardest part is actually making myself leave the house, but my husband is great at making me when he knows I need it! 

What are your best tips and tricks for putting together a routine? 
My best tip would be to ask someone, anyone other than me for advice... I don’t perform, compete or particularly even like writing choreo to teach so I’m out on this one... 


If you owned a restaurant, what kind of food would it serve?
Bloody great food and loads of it. All you can eat awesomeness. Pizza, burgers, Indian, Chinese, Mexican, roast dinners and so much cake. I really love food. 

If you owned an ice cream truck, what tune would it play?
K-k-k-Katy... The Sensational Stammering Song Success Sung by the Soldiers and Sailors


What’s your day job? 
Full time Mum and running the studio 

What is something you’ve never tried but would like to?
Wrestling (like 2000 WWF or GLOW.)

What do you wish you knew more about/of?
EVERYTHING. The world. 

What are some small things that can make your day better?
Haribo squidgy babies, salted caramel muffins and loud music of all kinds. A nice message from a friend, feeling like I’ve made someone else’s day better. 


Tell us something we probably don’t know about you:
I grew up on a dairy farm and can name a lot of tractors and 6 years ago I read a copy of ‘the Allen Carr easy way to give up smoking’ that was gifted to my husband and as a result I accidentally gave up smoking. 


______________

You can join Katy at the following classes:

Monday - 9:45am - Beginners Aerial Hoop
Monday - 10.45am - Beginners Pole Fitness
Wednesday - 7pm - Improvers Pole

To check out our timetable and book upcoming sessions visit:
https://goteamup.com/p/983042-spin-city-newbury



C x