See you soon

This afternoons final practise marks the last session for the Studio this year! And what a year it's been! We've had workshops with some inspiring people. Some of whom have introduced us to the cube and helped us get to grips with our handstands! We've gained some new instructors and Teaching Assistant's. We've had an incredible student showcase (who could forget that?!). I could go on... but instead maybe you could let us know your favourite bits from this year via our Facebook page.

It's important to say how proud we are of all our students and as we look forward into the New Year, we're excited to welcome new faces and continue the journey with existing ones!



• • •

What makes us want to try something new or set ourselves a challenge? For me, it’s always the start of a New Year. I make resolutions every New Year’s Eve as I sit eating a curry with my partner, staying in and away from fireworks with our frightened dog.

I make statements like “this year I’m going sort all our family photographs into an album”. Although it’s a nice idea, it’s an unrealistic task to complete in that time frame. Stuff pops up, you have no time, and you forget how many hundreds of pictures you’re actually talking about sorting through. I personally forget how many pictures I take of just the dog. Then what happens when half way through the year I haven’t started anything? I beat myself up about it, I think “crap I’ve only got 6 months left” and it still doesn’t get done…

The same goes for my pole goals. “This year I’m going to consistently be able to do a cupid”, the first time it didn’t happen, I felt deflated and was stuck in a bad mindset. It’s worth noting here that every move comes and goes. Shoulder mounts are my all time favourite move but some days, my body just doesn’t want to do them. I’ve learned to accept that this is completely normal and it’ll come back when it feels like it, no biggie. (By all means, aim for consistency but only in the sense of showing up and having a good time.)

I think by making more achievable targets, you’ll probably increase your motivation to help you reach your ultimate goal. Perhaps a better goal might be,  “I’m going to practice one superman each time I’m at the studio” or “I’m going to try a new class this year, maybe flexibility or yoga”. Those things are so simple and before you know it, you’ll need to make new goals because you smashed the first ones… “I’m going to try 3 different entries into my superman” or “I’m going to go to Sunday Yoga once a month”. 

What are your goals for next year? Maybe you’re going to try a new class. After I’d been to the Spin City showcase, I was so inspired by the hoop performances that I thought I’d give it a go. I go to the studio 2/3 times a week but turning up as a student to a different class was really scary. Trying something new is scary but it can also be really exciting…

Discuss your goals with your friends, tell your instructors or better yet, post them here for us to see! Externalising your goals like this drastically increases the likelihood of you achieving them. Not only that, but the people you’ve told will cheer you on and be just as excited when you get there.

Remember if you’re totally new to Spin City, your first class is free so what are you waiting for!

See you in the New Year! <3



______________

To check out our timetable and book upcoming sessions visit:
https://goteamup.com/p/983042-spin-city-newbury


C x